We invite you to join us for our AccessCircles Summer Forum, “The Intersection of Wellness and Technology” June 27-30, 2019 at The Ocean House, Watch Hill, RI. The Forum with open with a keynote dinner on Thursday, June 27th followed by two days of cutting edge knowledge from our renowned thought leaders. Enjoy private lunches and dinners with our presenters and members. View the full agenda by clicking on Agenda Tab to the right.
At our AccessCircles Forums, we like pushing the boundaries of knowledge by exploring the latest in technology and science. We strive to create experiences that ignite and spark creativity and innovation and which force us to think differently. Join us as we learn from our experts who are working in wellness, technology and science to understand the interface that will inspire dramatic results and the impact they will make on our lives, now and in the future.
Enjoy this special weekend in this majestic setting on the Atlantic Ocean, sharing organic meals with friends and enjoying yoga on the beach or a beach walk at the magnificently restored Ocean House venue. The OH! Spa, beach and pools offer the chance to unwind and relax and leave refreshed and energized, and knowingly informed about your health.
Some of the topics our experts will address are:
- The Differences in Wellbeing Between Men and Women
- How Technology Will Improve, Change and Shape Our Lives
- The Impact of Estrogen on Our Brains, Hearts and Health
- Artificial Intelligence and How It Will Affect Us
- The Latest Technology and Its Impact on Our Hearts
- Keeping Our Information and Data Safe
- The Impact Of Exercise On Our Minds and Bodies
- New Technology To Repair The Brain
Several of our esteemed thought leaders joining us are:
- Dr. Polina Anikeeva: MIT Scientist, Vilcek Prize Winner and materials scientist creating new materials and tools for investigating and repairing the brain.
- Dr. Rhoda Au: Dr. Au’s visionary work is in developing more effective strategies for promoting cognitive health and its interface with technology
- Vikas Bangia: Senior Information Security Architect, Bessemer Trust will discuss, Cybersecurity Protecting Yourself and Your Identity; How to keep your information, records and personal data safe.
- Dr. Roberta Brinton: Dr. Brinton’s renowned laboratory research focuses on the role of estrogen and bioenergetics in aging and age-associated neurodegeneration as well as the development of regenerative therapeutics.
- Preston W. Estep III is an American biologist and science and technology advocate. He is the Chief Scientific Officer, Veritas Genetics; Founding Advisor, Nebula Genetics
- Dr. Amanda Fader: An associate professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics and the director of the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service and the Center for Rare Gynecologic Cancers at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Dr. Fader’s focus is the impact of obesity on women’s cancer.
- Dr. Hadine Joffe: Dr Joffe, MD, MSc, Executive Director, Mary Horrigan Connors Center for Women's Health and Gender Biology will introduce our first WHAM! grant winner, Michele O’Donoghue.
- Dr. Cori Lathan: Does Artificial Intelligence (AI) Respect Sex-Based Difference? If Not, Why Not? Dr. Lathan was recognized as one of MIT Technology Review’s “Top 100 Innovators and one of Fast Company Magazine’s “Most Creative People In Business. Dr. Lathan is recognized for her work on digital health software and assistive technology.
- Dr. Carolyn Mazure: Executive Director, Women’s Health Research at Yale will introduce our WHAM! grant winner Dr. Hilary Blumberg, whose research will test a sleep self-monitoring and regulation therapy for the first time in women over the age of 50 to assess improvement in sleep, cognition, depressive symptoms
- Dr. David Page: Professor of biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the director of the Whitehead Institute, and a Howard Hughes investigator. Dr. Page will address why there is a higher incidence of heart disease in men than women and a greater prevalence of autoimmune disorders in women as well as other differences between men and women and wellness and disease.
- Dr Erica Ollmann Saphire: A widely recognized structural biologist, Dr. Saphire is establishing a molecular imaging facility at La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Learn how the extremely detailed images produced by cryo-electron microscopy reveal precisely how essential mechanisms of the immune system operate.
- Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum: Head of Women’s Cardiology at Mt. Sinai will review how technology is transforming women’s heart diagnosis, treatment and outcomes
- Dr. Wendy Suzuki: Neuroscientist and expert in the role of exercise on our brains, bodies and spirit.
AccessCircles Forum Fee: $2200.00
The AccessCircles Forum fee is inclusive of all thought leader programming, delicious meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) exquisite private dinner events, welcome tote. Hotel reservations are not included and must be made separately.
ONLY A FEW ROOMS REMAIN. To reserve you room and too receive our special rate at the Ocean House, please call: 401.584.7000
Reference AccessCircles to receive our preferred rate: $825.00/night. Rate is extended pre and post upon availability.